Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Clinton takes Texas and Ohio; Huckabee doesn't affect school board elections

Well I'm a little more than perturbed that Hillary won both Ohio and Texas. I was kind of hoping this battle would come to a close with these two primaries. I appreciate the fact that they have both lasted so long and that Democrats are so passionate about both candidates. However, now that McCain is officially the Rep. nominee he can start campaigning for the national election. Obama and Clinton, however, will continue to spar for the Dem. nomination.

I've heard several bloggers and news sites say that Hillary can't mathematically win the nomination now and that it would require something underhanded involving the superdelegates to get the nomination. I've also seen plenty of people in support of Hillary staying in and fighting it out. And of course now she has said that she would support a joint ticket. In principle that would be amazing but I think unlikely and not a good solution for either of them.

And as a follow up to my post from yesterday Huckabee being on the ballot in Texas did not impact the school board elections. The two seats that were highest risk of being taken by creationist nutters were held onto by more science friendly candidates.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home