Thursday, November 29, 2007

Ignorance abounds in Texas

First off I have to say that I don't mean all Texans are ignorant. In fact I feel bad for them because I believe most of the inanity comes from their government. Either way they've shown me that on two issues there are people who aren't fit to lead or teach in Texas.

I don't have a lot to contribute for editorial but I'll provide links to the stories. The first problem Texas seems to have is understanding that global climate change is real and that humans are causing it.
Texas emits more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere than any other state. And if Texas were a country, it would be the seventh-largest carbon dioxide polluter in the world.
Jump.

The other problem they have is understanding what constitutes 'science'. This story is ugly.
PZ Myers says it best over at the Pharyngula blog with several postings on the story. Basically the Texas Education Agency forced Chris Comer to resign.
So, why would TEA do that? Comer forwarded an email from the National Center for Science Education announcing a talk by Dr. Barbara Forrest to several people...
If you don't know who Barbara Forrest is she was one of the leading witnesses for the plantiffs in the Dover trial over Intelligent Design.
Fear Barbara Forrest
The Letter that scared the TEA
And finally the real scoop

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home